2. In the LIST view you can select a LEAD/CONTACT and see a button top labeled RIngCentral SMS - press it
3. See a WIDGET window open up and display the conversation window. In the number dropdown, you can select the FROM number you are using. Only numbers that are owned by the extension will populate here. A RingCentral does not allow a user to use another user's phone number. Also toll-free and fax numbers do not have SMS capabilities. Naturally, all numbers must have SMS capability by RingCentral in order to be used. If you are not clear on this please check with RingCentral support and your account settings.
4. You can use templates (up to 3 only) to prepare canned responses. The variable %First_Name% is available, and it is the only one. If you need to use more, workflows are where you can do any variable in your messages. (a separate document that shows how to set up workflows). Click select to use a template or if you edited them click update to save your changes.
5. When you select a template, you will have to hit the space bar before the SEND button appears blue. Just a little annoyance, but it is what it is.
6. Upon sending the text you see it in blue in the widget window in real-time and also when they reply you will see in real-time.
7. Sales signals display both outgoing and incoming alerts.
8. We recommend using the mobile field for the number that you are intending to text to. It just makes sense. People text mobile phones.
9. Logs are placed in the RC SMS related list (left pane).
10. Text - SMS messages are logged in the custom module: RingCentral SMS. The system tries to tie them to a record in CRM based on the phone number. It will try 3 times if not successful the first time.
11. You can see if it is inbound, and which record it relates to
The following is a simple code to add as a custom function for a workflow to trigger an SMS messaging using the RingCentral SMS Extension for Zoho CRM: (the below script is hard coding the phone and email for the sender you can also tweak the code to ...
Important: If you used our older RingCentral SMS extension before, the workflow functions and custom modules for text messages do not transfer. Workflow functions need to be recreated. Old text messages need to be exported and re-imported into the ...
Zoho CRM Enterprise or Zoho ONE License required. The phone number must be owned by the user and must have SMS enabled. Toll-free numbers and fax numbers do not qualify. Line breaks are not possible in the text message body. (Working on a fix in ...
1. Go to SETTINGS and WIDGETS in Zoho CRM 2. Press the button to the right: CREATE NEW WIDGET 3. Add a name you would like, I used RC SMS Widget RC SMS Widget Widget Type: Button Hosting: External Base ...